Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Captain Jack to the rescue

Dad thinks the bug invaders are flea beetles, which make a "shotgun" pattern of holes on the leaves they infest, which is what's happening to our pumpkin vine. So today he found this stuff to spray on the leaves and told me it was called Captain Jack's Bug Killer. I said, that sounds like something from "Pirates of the Caribbean." He said the main ingredient is actually from the Caribbean. (Spinosad) The proper name of the product is Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew. Which reminded me of Dale Gribble from "King of the Hill," who has an extermination business called Dale's Dead-Bug. The illustration of Captain Jack also looks a little like Dale Gribble with a moustache and Panama hat instead of baseball cap. Coincidence? In any case, the stuff seems to be working.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw all the trouble you guys were having with flea beatles... I had a problem with them this year too - in my flower beds - for me, the solution was as easy as boiling garlic and onions and spraying the liquid on the plants. Totally easy - totally natural - and totally effective. I never saw them again.

    Cousin/Sister Erin

    ReplyDelete